Abstract Submission Guideline
Abstract Submission Deadline
June 11 (Thu), 2020
Abstract Acceptance Notice
Abstract submission for the UAA 2020 is now open. We invite submissions for oral (podium), moderated poster, unmoderated poster and video presentations for consideration by the Scientific Committee. Please read the instructions below before proceeding with your submission(s).
Abstracts are accepted on a wide range of basic science, translational and clinical research in urology based on the categories outlined below.
- Benign Prostate Hyperplasia and Male Lower Urinary Tract Symptoms
- Emergency - Trauma
- Emergency - Non-Traumatic
- Female Urology
- Infection and Inflammation
- Neuro-Urology and Urodynamics
- Oncology - Adrenal Tumours
- Oncology - Bladder and Upper Urinary Tract Urothelial Cancer
- Oncology - Renal Tumours
- Oncology - Penile Cancer
- Oncology - Prostate Cancer
- Oncology - Testicular Cancer
- Paediatric Urology
- Reconstructive Urology
- Renal Transplantation and Dialysis Access
- Training and Education
The abstract should represent original ideas and data by the authors. It should describe unpublished work which is not awaiting possible acceptance for international publication. Please declare if your abstract has been published, accepted for publication or presented at a previous international meeting.
Authors may indicate their preferred mode of presentation, but the final decision will be made by the Scientific Committee.
- Abstracts must be in English and abbreviations should be defined.
- The abstract title should be in capital letters and clearly indicate the nature of the study.
- The authors’ names should be in initial capital/lower case. The authors’ institutional affiliations should contain institution, city and country.
- Each abstract should be written in 4 parts (BACKGROUND & OBJECTIVES, MATERIALS & METHODS, RESULTS and CONCLUSION)
- Do not include figures or references in your abstract. Tables may be inserted but it will be included in the character count and may significantly reduce the number of available characters.
- Each abstract should be a maximum of 3000 characters, including non-visible characters, such as spaces and line breaks.
- Statements such as ‘The results will be discussed’ or ‘The data will be presented’ will not be accepted.
- The Scientific Committee reserves the right to reject abstracts that do not comply with the guidelines, format or basic quality standards.
- Authors may indicate their preferred mode of presentation, but the final decision will be made by the Scientific Committee.
- The submitting author is required to create a user account. Abstracts can be saved under DRAFT status and may be revised until the submission deadline. Draft abstracts cannot be edited after the submission deadline.
- Only abstracts under FINAL SUBMISSION status will be considered by the Scientific Committee.
- A receipt of abstract submission will be sent to the submitting author’s email address upon final submission. Please ensure that we have your correct email address.
- The submitting author will be notified of the final outcome by email by Mid July, 2020.
- The submission of abstract represents a commitment by the presenting author to present the accepted abstract in person during the congress. Therefore, the presenting author of the abstract must be registered to attend the congress by 13th Aug 2020 to ensure that his/her abstract will be included in the congress publications.
- Registration fee will not be waived and the presenting author is responsible for all expenses incurred during preparation and presentation of their submissions.
- Further information concerning mode of presentation, as well as date, time and venue of presentation will be conveyed closer to the congress date.
- Please ensure your abstract does not contain spelling, grammar, or scientific mistakes.
- The Scientific Committee reserves the right to edit the abstracts for grammar and clarity, and also, to request for revisions.
- Any change in the presenting author needs to be communicated by email to the congress secretariat by 13th Aug 2020. Similarly, if you would like to withdraw your abstract after the submission deadline, an email outlining the reasons for withdrawal must be sent to congress secretariat by 13th Aug 2020.
Additional Guidelines for Video Submission
- You are required to submit your abstracts online through the online abstract submission form.
- The video submission must be uploaded prior to the submission deadline.
- The video submission must include the abstract title, authors’ names and institutional affiliations.
- All video commentary should be in English.
- The video submission is limited to a maximum duration of 7 minutes.
- The video submission must not be embedded or linked to a PowerPoint Presentation.
- Please ensure that your video codec is compatible with .MP4, .AVI or .WMV formats and can be played on Windows Media Player 11.
- We do not encourage 3D video submissions.